Cast of Little Mermaid,
You all rocked this week! We recorded the choreography and some blocking. It is attached to the BSN Email send this week, and is on this page as well. Watch and review! Have a great week!
NEXT WEEK'S SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:
4:00-6:00: FULL CAST is called.
Continue staging and blocking. Run the show.
6:00-7:00: Scuttle, Gulls, Ariel, Flounder.
Begin learning Human Stuff.
Miss Holly and the staff
Welcome Aboard MTAOC’s Cast of The Little Mermaid Jr,
We are so excited to begin auditions Monday, September 16, 2019! Come to the studio on that day ready to sing one minute of your favorite The Little Mermaid Jr song a'cappella (without music) or with a track with no vocal that you have downloaded yourself and have on a device.
Once we begin the casting process, there will be no refunds made on enrollment. We have a long waitlist, so be sure you can commit to every rehearsal and show time. Please come prepared to have a fun season regardless of the role receive! Every fish in the sea will shine!
We want to make sure all of you come ready and prepared to have fun on this under the sea musical adventure! Although every show has an audition, the most important thing to remember is, every cast member will play a very important part of the story.
Be ready to enjoy meeting new friends who love to sing, act, and dance, JUST LIKE YOU! I will make sure that everyone in the show has a wonderful time and has a chance to shine, sometimes in unexpected ways. I challenge you to be excited to be in duets, trios, solos, or ensemble songs. Please come to the audition relaxed and ready to have a good time. Those butterflies are about to turn into Magic! Be brave and take chances! MTA is a family who encourages everything theater!
Below are a few things you will need for the audition:
- Comfortable Shoes with toes enclosed. Dance shoes are preferred. Black or tan jazz shoes or sneakers. DO NOT WEAR FLIP FLOPS OR SANDALS!
- Wear comfortable clothes that are easy to move in. Dance attire is most appropriate. No skirts or dresses unless you are wearing shorts underneath. We may be rolling on the floor and want to make sure you aren't worried about being uncomfortable. If you are a dancer or a gymnast, be sure to wear appropriate clothes to show us your "tricks" or short dance combinations!! Also, bring a water bottle. Rehearsals are no longer than 4 hours, so come with a full belly and bring a light, healthy snack. We offer snacks for sale for one dollar. We do not encourage more than one or two per rehearsal.
- On the first day of auditions, everyone should be prepared to sing a song from The Little Mermaid Jr. It must be sung a'cappella (with no music) or with a provided track, and be under a minute. If you have a character that you would like to be considered for, sing a song that shows the character traits of the particular role. You all will get a chance to meet and sing for our small auditioning panel personally and privately on the first day. From there, we will begin callbacks with your fellow cast members. Some of you will be asked to read or sing further for specific roles based on the first round of singing auditions. So, relax and know that we want you all to have fun during the audition. You will all be asked to let us know your top 3 character choices. This is where you can show us your singing and acting abilities! We will then decide where we feel you will fit best!
- All those interested in a lead or feature role must commit to adding Thursday rehearsals to your schedule beginning in October and thru Show Week. Some or all leads will be asked to attend some or all of these Thursdays.
- Although we allow, but don’t encourage, for 2 planned conflicts only, if you miss a rehearsal you risk not participating in that particular song. Plan on celebrating family events, annual appointments, and other personal commitments for days other than Tuesdays/Thursdays. The success of your child’s show depends on your commitment to rehearsals.
- Follow the "MTI's Audition Central" link below and scroll down to prepare for the roles you are interested in. There you will find the songs and sides (excerpts from the script) for each character. Planning ahead is always a fun way to build up a bit of confidence! I will be using those specific songs and excerpts throughout the audition, including the Thursday Workshop Classes. We may or may not use all of this info, but it can help you prepare and learn more about the characters.
- We will also be taking Headshots for the program on Monday. So spruce up a bit! Wear a dark shirt, and be ready for a professional photo shoot, which will take place while we are auditioning everyone individually. We will then take a Cast Photo!
- We will have a table set up where your child can practice writing a bio. A short paragraph about why you love MTAOC, your theater experience here at MTAOC, or those who have inspired you is all that is needed. You will then be able to take that home with you and be ready to submit it to Mary for the program asap! …after all, you may one day be writing a bio for a Broadway Playbill!
- We would like to welcome Francine, our new costume lead to the family! Every child should come to the audition with an index card with Costume Size information. Including, the size your child is in "normal" clothes? Height? Weight? Shirt size? Dress size? Pant size? and shoe size? These cards should be handed to Francine Mafi or Summer Watson. We will also be taking specific measurements for each child. If you have costumes that are “fishy” you would like to donate to us, bring them on that day as well. Thanks!
- This season we will be rehearsing EVERY TUESDAY with a full cast from 4:00 until 6:00 with special scenes called from 6-7 or 7:30. NOTE: All cast members should prepare to stay until 7-7:30 every week.
- Every week we will announce at rehearsal, as well as post on our website at https://www.mtaoc.org/
britestars-bsns, who will need to stay the following Tuesday from 6:00-7:00 OR who will be called on the following Thursday. We will be teaching in sequence of the story. I hope to stay on that schedule, but as we all know, we may have to make adjustments as rehearsals begin. When you receive your script refer to the table of contents to check off scenes as we learn them to stay updated. Look for the Brite Star’s BSN’s blog on the MTAOC website and in an email each week! Cast members should review the script before every rehearsal to prepare for each week in advance. Learn and memorize the song or scene we will be staging. This will help with rehearsal confidence and make each rehearsal fun!
- PLEASE ADD TO YOUR SCHEDULE! THERE WILL BE A MANDATORY FULL DRESS REHEARSAL Saturday, January 11, 2018 at MTA from 1:30 until 5:30.
We will not have a rehearsal on December 24 and 31. Winter Break.
- Script packages will be available for pick up at MTA on Thursday, September 12th from 3:00-6:00.
- For those of you who have enrolled in Miss Holly’s Auditioning Workshop, I will see you on Thursday, September 12th during your specific time. Please come prepared to sing your auditioning song, no more than one minute in length, a'cappella or with a track you have on your device. I will assist you with ways to improve your technique and add some confidence to your performance. This class is NOT an audition for the show. We will be reading from the The Little Mermaid Jr Audition Central pages and will have fun acting out a few scenes. Please give a grace period of 10 minutes per class for release and start. It will be fun to visit the Grotto together.
We will begin our First Audition Day with a meet and greet at 3:45. We encourage all children returning to seek out any new faces and welcome them to our MTA Family. We will have stations for you to visit regarding Registration Packets, Volunteer Needs, Costume Information Needs, Script Needs, Bio writing as well as a Conflict Info Station. Feel free to check out the studio during this first 20 minutes and say HI to old and new friends. Once everyone is in and comfy, I will formally introduce you to our incredible Brite Stars Team! Mary Gonzales, our office supervisor, and I will speak briefly during our Parent Meeting about MTA and how you can help with the success of our productions…we could not do it without the commitment and dedication of each family!
MTAOC’s Annual Under The Stars Fund Raiser is being held on Oct 5th! I highly encourage you purchase tickets asap as it is known to be a fun adult evening to help finance this season’s production costs. MTA could not survive without your financial support! Thank you in advance for Saving The Date! Follow the link below!
On Monday after the parent meeting, a small auditioning panel will take our actors one at a time to begin the individual singing audition. This gives us a chance to hear and meet each child individually. Also, for those returning to MTA, we will see how much they have grown since last season! Children will wait to audition one at a time. We will begin reading thru the auditioning central scenes to practice up on your acting as well. We will hear every child sing, hopefully have time to teach a dance combination, as well as read thru a few scenes.
Ok all...that about covers it! I am excited to meet every single one of you and get to know you. Best advice for the audition, don't get your heart set on one character! The most exciting role may yet to be seen! Stay open to new challenges, be brave, be kind, and be prepared. More than anything else, I want you to have fun and not focus on the size of the role you receive. In my book, there are no small roles, only small actors!! Our show is only as strong as our ensemble…and that is the entire cast!
CHECK OUT ALL THE ATTACHED LINKS BELOW to stay on top of everything this season!
Mary will be sending a Signup Genius e-mail for all Volunteer Positions!
Hugs from The Grotto!
Miss Holly Bisaha and your Brite Star Staff!
Miss McKenna Bisaha Assistant Director/instructor
Johnny Bisaha Assistant to the Director/instructor
Mary Gonzales Office Supervisor
Francine Mafi Costume Lead
Abby Buckles and Samantha Glass Production Assistants